Our iconic boat shoe silhouette handcrafted with premium Horween® leathers tanned in Chicago, Illinois. Innovative boxstitch detailing on the moc seam for additional strength, durability and style.
- Genuine Handsewn, Blucher Moccasin Construction wraps your foot in one continuous piece of leather creating seamless comfort and extended durability.
- Premium Full Grain Horween® (Cavalier®) Leather Upper provides the finest quality in long-lasting leather goods.
- Handcrafted Boxstitch Detailing on the moc seam for extra strength and durability.
- Functional 360° Leather Rawhide Lace System provides a custom fit.
- Corrosive-resistant Sebago® Eyelets uphold against harsh
- Three-quarter Length Leather Socklining absorbs moisture
- for added comfort and breathability.
- Littleway Stitched Sebago® Docksides® Boat Sole with
- Non-marking, Slip-resistant Rubber for added traction and durability.
Sebago vs Rancourt Custom made boat shoes
Well, I had to share my findings as custom made in the USA shoes have become quite the rage lately. Just so you know, I own two pairs of Horween Docksides and couldn't be happier with them. I recently received a pair of Rancourt Read custom-made boat shoes. As these were custom-made, I waited a little over a month for my shoes to arrive from Rancourt. In the spirit of full disclosure, I paid $280 for the Rancourts. I paid $100 for the Horween Sebagos. Both shoes are unlined made from Horween leather. The fit and finish is fine on both pairs. However, I like the box-stitching on the vamp of the Docksides. Looks like it will last longer than the simple "little-stitch" used by Rancourt. Although Rancourt says they use Horween leather, the leather doesn't feel as nice as the leather used to make the Docksides. Both shoes are stitched well and Rancourt offers lifetime repairs. The soles of both boat shoes are siped so they should work equally well on wet surfaces. While Sebagos run large, the Rancourts were true to size, and fit perfectly. I also gave Rancourt my exact measurements. So the Rancourts fit "like a glove" although the leather has yet to mold to my feet as the Sebagos already have. The laces on the Rancourts aren't as nice as the Sebagos and considering I paid almost 3 times the amount, this is a small detail that should not be overlooked. All in all, taking into account the huge price difference, the Horween Sebago Docksides are still my favorite boat shoe. Yes, if you're buying Sebagos for the first time, you'll need to get your sizing right for best fit (order down - at least a half a size, maybe a full size, depending on width). Sebago, I am now convinced, garments don't need to be made in the USA to be well made. Way to go.
Product Size Rating:Larger than Expected
How do you most use this product?:Daily wear
Horween Docksides are right on!
These shoes are perfect for casual and dress up - they are comfortable as well as durable and fit the way that should. Great with shoes that are great even if you don't wear socks.
Product Size Rating:Sized as Expected
How do you most use this product?:casual and dress up
Beautifully made, quality soft leather. They are very comfortable and the sizing is correct Well worth the money. Thank you.
How do you most use this product?:Casual use